Covid Secure Policy
The health, wellbeing and safety of our clients and Night Nanny team in response to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is of paramount importance to us. As the situation continues to develop, we want to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are doing everything in our power to protect and support our clients and team by following government advice to avoid the spread of infection.
We set out below the precautions that team are taking in light of Covid-19 and the government’s guidance.
If any Night Nanny develops Covid-19 symptoms or lives with anyone who has symptoms of Covid-19, they will not attend your home and will be asked to self-isolate for the government recommended number of days (a minimum of seven if they develop symptoms or until they no longer have symptoms if longer and 14 days if a member of their household develops symptoms). Your Night Nanny will inform you immediately if they have symptoms and we will send an alternative Night Nanny.
We ask that you also comply with the government’s guidance and inform us if you or anyone in your household has exhibited any potential symptoms of Covid-19. Where you or someone in your household has symptoms, you should not engage a Night Nanny for a 14 day period or until no one in your household is displaying symptoms. In such circumstances our requirement for 24 hours’ notice of cancellation will not apply.
Night Nannies already work to a high standard of cleanliness, as would be expected, but we are now taking additional precautions. We set out below what we already do and the extra precautions we are taking:
What the Night Nannies already do:
- Thorough daily cleaning with disinfectant of all touchable surfaces such as door handles, light switches and baby equipment
- Night Nannies thoroughly wash their hands when they arrive at your home as well as using alcohol-based hand disinfection solutions throughout their time at your property
- Night Nannies should wear gloves when they arrive and change their outer clothing.
Extra precautions we are taking:
- NHS standard lateral flow testing available prior to Night Nanny commencing position.
- PCR testing information available on request.
- No-touch greetings; no hugging, kissing or shaking hands.
- Nannies will, where possible, remain two metres away from all individuals in your household except for your baby or babies.
- Nannies will avoid public transport – if possible.
- Throughout the night your Night Nanny will be wiping down touchable surfaces with disinfectant.
By adhering to the protocol outlined by the government & Chief Scientific Officer, we hope to minimise the risk of illness to Night Nannies and families, so that we can remain at service to you.
The precautions outlined in this letter significantly reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission between families and Night Nannies. If you do not feel comfortable engaging a Night Nanny even with the precautions outlined in this letter in place, please let us and your Night Nanny know as soon as possible. Please note that although we expect all of our nannies to comply with the measures in this letter and to exercise their best judgment with regard to Covid-19 safety, we cannot take responsibility for the health or acts or omissions of our nannies.
We are closely following the latest available advice from The Association of Night Nannies and adjusting our Covid-19 secure policies accordingly.